Introducing Your New On Screen Program Guide
With the same intuitive navigation and features!
Your On Screen Guide Has a Fresh New Look
Enjoy the same great features and more on-screen program information inside a sleek new design.
Our new guide will launch on your converter box between October and November.
TV Listings by Time & Program Information
Browse a full-screen grid now featuring more channels and program info.
Search by Title or Keyword and quickly find programs by Movies, Sports and Kids programs.
Enjoy blockbuster and classic movies, TV shows and more - and watch when you want with On Demand. And, when you subscribe to Premium networks you can automatically access their movies and TV shows On Demand too.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why is the channel guide changing?
The channel guide manufacturer no longer supports the version of the guide installed on your converter box. SECV is required to upgrade to the latest version of the channel guide, which includes a refreshed user interface and advanced features such as an enhanced TV listings grid and HD auto-tune feature.
How will I know when I am scheduled for the channel guide upgrade?
We are unable to provide a specific upgrade date, however all boxes will be upgraded between October and November. The new channel guide will display automatically when you turn on your TV.
Will my rate change for the new channel guide?
There are no additional fees for the channel guide upgrade.
Will I lose my DVR recordings?
No, all DVR recordings will be maintained with the channel guide upgrade.
Why has the Caller ID on TV display changed?
The new guide displays Caller ID differently than the previous version. This version continues to display the name and number of the party calling on the TV screen, however the call history log is no longer available.
Can you change the guide color?
Yes, you may update the theme and colors using your remote by navigating to Menu/Home/Setup/Guide Colors Setup and selecting one of the four themes.
How many channel views are presented in the new guide?
The new wide screen design now presents six channels in view rather than four in the previous version.
Can you turn off the HD auto-tune feature?
Yes, you may turn off the auto-tune feature using your remote by navigating to Setup/Guide Setup/Tune for HDTV and toggle to "No"
Can you enlarge the font size of the new guide?
The font size may be enlarged by following these steps with your remote control: Menu/Home/Setup/Guide Setup/TV Type: SD TV (Tube).
Get to Know i-Guide
i-Guide is your key to quickly finding and enjoying your favorite shows on TV. Your remote holds the key to accessing the features
of i-Guide, including Listings By Time, DVR, Search, Parental Controls and more.
- Just press GUIDE on your remote to see the program grid for the current time
- Press GUIDE again for Listings By Channel
- Use the arrows on your remote to navigate and highlight a program. Instant Information appears in the upper left corner
- The listings are color coded by program type:
- Purple - movies
- Green - sports
- Light Blue - kids
- Press INFO on your remote for more information about the highlighted program
- Press OK/SELECT to tune to the channel or set a recording for a future show
The Quick Menu provides shortcuts directly to key features of your digital cable service. Press MENU on your remote and use the right/left arrows to highlight the icons to access DVR, HD, Search and more.
Press INFO on your remote to access the Flip Bar and see a brief two-line program description, rating information and more. Press the INFO button again for complete Program Info.
Use the Action Icons on the Program Info screen to set a Recording, Reminders, Favorites and Parental Controls.
You can easily set favorite channels and can even set up to five Favorites lists.
- To make the channel you're currently watching a Favorite, just press the INFO button on your remote, select the heart icon and follow the on screen prompts
- If you don't have a Favorites List set up, just follow the on-screen prompts to name your list and manage your favorites
i-Guide gives you the tools to set Parental Controls based on your family's viewing preferences.
- Highlight the Lock icon from the Quick Menu or any Program Info screen
- Enter your unique 4-digit PIN. You can lock programs by:
- TV or movie ratings
- TV content ratings
- By channel
- By time
- You can even hide Adult titles
i-Guide makes it easy to find your favorite shows quickly. You can search for a specific title, by category or even view a list of HD channels. i-Guide makes it easy for you to find just what you're looking for.
Access the Search Menu from the Quick Menu or Main Menu. You can search by category such as Movies, Sports or Kids, or search HD or PPV listings. Title Search allows you to use the virtual keyboard to search for a specific title. You can even save your search for easy access in the future.
Use the Pause, Fast Forward, Rewind, Instant Replay or Play keys on your remote to control live TV.
- Press LIVE TV to return to the program in progress
- If you want to watch two shows at once without missing a moment of either, just press the SWAP key on your remote to switch between two shows and preserve the automatic Live TV recordings on both channels (requires a dual-tuner DVR)
There are many ways you can record your favorite programs.
- With One-Touch Recording, simply press the Record button on your remote while watching TV
- You can also press Record from the Listings By Time grid for currently airing and future programs
- A red dot will appear in the grid to indicate a recording is scheduled
Looking for shows about cooking or want to make sure you don't miss any movies starring Meryl Streep? It's easy with i-Guide's expanded Search options by Title, Keyword or Actor/Director.
Search results include a list of programs airing on TV up to the next two weeks that meets your search criteria. For example, Search for the Keyword 'dogs' and your results will show programs with the word 'dogs' in the title or program description.
Choose Search by Actor/Director and use the keyboard to enter in your favorite celebrity. Highlight your choice from the list and press OK/Select to see a list of shows.
It's simple to use your DVR to record every episode of your favorite series.
- From the Program Info screen, press the Record icon and follow the on-screen prompts
- Set series recording options, including type of episodes to record, how long to keep the recording, and more
- Select Series Recordings from the DVR Menu to modify your series recordings
Once you’ve created your video library, access a list of programs in My Recordings from the DVR Menu.
- Select DVR from the Quick Menu to access My Recordings
- Use the left/right arrows on your remote to sort by date, channel or title. Highlight the program you want to watch and press OK/Select for Program Info. Then, press OK/Select to begin playback
- Series Recordings are grouped into DVR Folders. Highlight the folder you want to open and press OK/Select to view a list of individual episodes
DVR Folders make it easy to scroll through your recordings. Multiple recordings of the same title will be grouped into DVR Folders, which are automatically created when you record multiple episodes of TV series or have set an Auto-Recording. Just highlight the folder and press OK/Select to open and scroll through the episode you want to watch. Press OK/Select to begin playback.
On Demand Menu
Access the On Demand Menu from the Quick Menu or Main Menu. Use your remote to navigate the categories to find New Releases, TV Shows and more.
Visit My Rentals to find On Demand purchases available for viewing.