The Emergency Broadband Benefit Program
Helping you stay connected during the COVID-19 Pandemic
Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) Program
The Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) is an FCC program to help households struggling to pay for Internet service during the COVID-19 pandemic. The Emergency Broadband Benefit will provide a discount of up to $50 per month towards broadband service for eligible households.
This new benefit will connect eligible households to jobs, critical healthcare providers and virtual classrooms.
How It Works:
- Approved households will be eligible for up to a $50/month discount depending on the Internet service you choose.
- Limited to one monthly service discount per household.
- At the end of the program you will be responsible for the recurring charges for Internet service.
- Submit your request by completing the enrollment form below.
A household is eligible if one member of the household meets at least one of the criteria below:
- Currently a Lifeline Program participant or has an income that is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or participates in certain federal assistance programs, such as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, Supplemental Security Income, the Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit, or certain Tribal Programs.
- Receives benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision, or did so in the 2019-2020 school year.
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year.
- Experienced a substantial loss of income since February 29, 2020 and the household had a total income in 2020 below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers.
USAC Online Application Form
Complete the USAC Online Application Form, which verifies your eligibility and gives you approval for the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program. Please ensure Step 1 has been completed prior to enrolling with SECV or your application will be rejected.
Click on the SECV Enrollment Form below.
Please visit our Emergency Broadband Benefit FAQ page for answers to questions about the EBB program.