SERVICE ELECTRIC CABLEVISION
Welcome! Please read these terms and conditions of use ("Terms") carefully before using this website. Accessing, browsing or using this website is a privilege subject to the following Terms and indicates your agreement and acceptance of these Terms. By using the Service Electric Cablevision's website you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms. If you do not accept these Terms, do not use this website.
1. Services. This website is owned and operated by Service Electric Cablevision and its affiliates (referred to herein as "SECV," "we," "us," or "our"). The information contained on this website, including all web page documents, audio and video files, all data and all content (the "Site" or "Website") is provided for your use conditional upon your acceptance without modification of the Terms. SECV provides you with access to a variety of resources, including but not limited to product and service information (collectively "Services").
2. Use Limitation. You may download material from the Site only for your own personal, non-commercial use. While we encourage you to download and print information to help you understand our Services and review product and service descriptions, unless otherwise specified, no material on this Site, including but not limited to the content of the Site, may be modified, copied, downloaded, transmitted, distributed, performed, reproduced, published, licensed, transferred, sold, used to create works from or used in any other way, commercially exploited or otherwise transferred, except with prior written permission of SECV and with express attribution to SECV. You may not alter or attempt to alter any material on the Site, or the Site itself. You also may not, without our permission, "mirror" any material contained on this Site or any other server. Any unauthorized use of any material contained on this Site may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, laws of privacy and publicity, and communication regulations and statutes. You represent and agree that you are at least 13 years of age and that if you are younger than 13 you will not use this Site.
3. No Unlawful or Prohibited Use. Please feel free to browse the Site; however, your access and use of the Site is subject to these Terms and all applicable laws. You may not use the Site in any manner that could disable, overburden, or impair any SECV server, or interfere with any other person's use and enjoyment of the Site, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any SECV server or to the Site, through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through this Site. Your rights to use this Site may be further limited by international law, federal law or the laws or regulations in your particular country, state or locality. SECV may, in its sole discretion, and at any time, modify or discontinue the Site, or limit, terminate or suspend your use of the Site, although SECV is under no obligation to do so.
4. Ownership, Copyright and Trademark. You agree and acknowledge that SECV is the owner or licensee of all rights in this Site and the materials that appear on the Site, and that you will not challenge those rights or do anything that might impair or damage those rights. This Site is protected by copyright, trademark and other laws of the United States and other countries. Any unauthorized use of any material or resources on this Site may violate such laws. No links may be established to any part of this Site and no information on this Site may be framed without our prior written approval.
The trademarks, logos and service marks used and displayed on this Site (the "Marks"), are registered and unregistered trademarks of, and owned by SECV. Under no circumstances may you use any of the Marks displayed on this Site, or any other content on the Site, except as provided in these Terms. Any other use is strictly prohibited and SECV will take all necessary action to enforce its rights. Nothing on this Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any Marks without the written permission of the trademark owner.
You should assume that everything you see or read on this Site is copyrighted and may not be used except as provided in these Terms. If you make any permitted copies of the Site, or portions of the Site, such copies must include the appropriate copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices. If you modify or use the materials for any other purpose you will be violating the intellectual property rights of SECV, which it vigorously protects.
SECV respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that any of your work was copied by another, in a way that infringes your copyrights, and is posted on this Site, please provide SECV with the following information: 1) a description of your work that you believe was infringed; 2) a description of the work believed to be infringing and where it appears on the Site; and 3) your contact information - name address, telephone number and e-mail address. This information should be accompanied by a statement that you believe, in good faith, that the infringing use is not authorized, and that, under penalty of perjury, all of the information in this notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf. This notice should be signed and provided to SECV's designated copyright agent, Mary Anne Fronheiser, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Duration of This Agreement. This Agreement will continue to be effective until you or we terminate it. You may terminate this Agreement at any time by destroying any and all materials you obtained from this Site, and by ceasing to use the Site in any way. We may terminate this Agreement immediately and without notice if we, in our sole discretion, decide that you have failed to comply with any term or condition of this Agreement or if we decide to modify the terms and conditions governing future use of the Site.
6. Information Provided by You. The Site provides you an opportunity to communicate with us. We are pleased to hear from our visitors and welcome your comments regarding our resources and services. However, please be aware that any communication, whether it be a suggestion, idea, graphic or other material to SECV through the Site or otherwise, or any information submitted or posted on this Site by any means, will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. Anything you submit, transmit or post becomes the property of SECV and SECV is free to disseminate or use, without being limited thereto, any ideas, concepts, suggestions, graphics, photography, or know-how contained in any communication for any purpose whatsoever, whether commercial or noncommercial, without payment of any compensation to you. Further, any information submitted or posted on this Site by any means may be disseminated or used, and may be shared with and viewed by SECV or its members.
Any contact or communication which you may make with us or our employees via this Site must be for SECV business-related purposes and all such communications are property of SECV, and subject to review and monitoring by us. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to this Site any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material, or any other material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to any civil or criminal liability under the law or otherwise violate any laws. You understand that information transmitted over public networks may be accessed by third parties and SECV will not be liable for any such unauthorized disclosure. SECV will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing it to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials.
SECV and its employees do not accept or consider unsolicited ideas, including ideas for new advertising campaigns, new promotions, new products, services or technologies, processes, materials, marketing plans or new product or service names. Please do not send any original creative artwork, samples, demos or other works. The purpose of this policy is to avoid potential misunderstandings or disputes when SECV's products, services or marketing strategies might seem similar to ideas submitted to SECV. So please do not send your unsolicited ideas to SECV or anyone at SECV. If, despite our request that you not send us your ideas and materials, you still send them, please understand that SECV makes no assurances that your ideas and materials will be treated as confidential or proprietary.
7. Third Party Content and Linked Sites. This Site may contain links to other sites created and maintained by other organizations, which may or may not be related to SECV. These links are provided for your convenience and are for reference only and you agree that links do not imply that SECV is affiliated or associated with or that any linked site is authorized to use any trademark, trade name, logo or copyright of SECV. SECV makes no representation about any other site that you may access through its Site and is not responsible for the contents of any other site. Unless expressly stated, SECV does not endorse any resources, products or services offered by any company or person linked to its Site. You may not create a link to the Site without first obtaining our written permission.
8. Chat Rooms and Bulletin Boards. If any chat rooms, forums, or bulletin boards are provided on the Site, they are provided by SECV as a service and convenience to its visitors. You should however, understand the risks involved with using these types of resources. Therefore, before you participate in any chat room, forum or bulletin board on this Site, it is important that you read, understand and agree to the following terms and conditions and all of the Terms on this Site.
You agree that you will not upload any material to this Site that infringes any proprietary right, including, but not limited to, copyrights or trademarks. You also agree not to upload any material that is obscene, libelous, defamatory, harassing, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity. You agree not to "stalk" or otherwise harass another or store personal data about other users.
SECV does not screen, review or control the information and listings posted by users, nor does it screen, review, or control any of the people who participate. SECV is not responsible for the information or material provided on this Site by others and cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information provided by any other party. SECV is not responsible for and does not endorse the opinions, advice or recommendations generated by participants in chat rooms, forums or bulletin boards. Because we do not control the transactions between you and other users, you hereby acknowledge that SECV is in no way liable for any claims arising from your use of this Site. As a condition of your use, you agree to indemnify SECV for all claims relating to any material or information posted by you on this Site. Remember that there are risks in dealing with people you do not know and that SECV has no control over such risks. You need to exercise care in these transactions. People may provide information that is offensive, false, harmful, or deceptive. Please be cautious when sharing information, especially personal information, with others. Your use of the information is at your own risk.
Information submitted to the chat rooms, forums, or bulletin boards may be routed through SECV's servers or servers of third parties, and may be viewed by the general public. Therefore, you should have no expectation of privacy for the information you post. This information may be collected and used by third parties. It is not secure or private.
SECV may decide at any time to monitor the information and postings. SECV reserves the right at its discretion to screen, refuse to post, remove or edit any and all information or postings from the chat rooms, forums and bulletin boards, or to bar access of any individual to the Site, or its chat rooms, forums, or bulletin boards.
In participating in chat rooms, forums and bulletin boards, you agree not to market or sell any products or services or solicit others to do so, or use the chat room, forum, or bulletin board for any commercial purpose. You will not misrepresent your identity or affiliation. You also will not violate the Terms of the Site.
9. Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitations of Liability. Your use and browsing of this Site is at your sole risk. If you are dissatisfied with the Site or any of the materials on the Site, or with any of the Terms, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue accessing and using the Site.
THIS WEBSITE AND THE INFORMATION CONTAINED OR AVAILABLE ON THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" AND WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAWS , BOTH CURRENT AND FUTURE, SECV DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRINGEMENT, SECURITY, ACCURACY AND OTHER VIOLATIONS OF RIGHTS (ALL OF WHICH ARE DISCLAIMED). SECV (INCLUDING ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS) DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THIS WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR- FREE, OR SECURE, THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS WEBSITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. SECV (INCLUDING ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS) DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY MATERIALS OR INFORMATION OBTAINED AT LINKED INTERNET ADDRESSES, IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ERRORS OR OMISSIONS, THE ACCURACY OR REASONABLENESS OR FACTUAL OR SCIENTIFIC ASSUMPTIONS, STUDIES OR CONCLUSIONS, THE DEFAMATORY NATURE OF STATEMENTS, OWNERSHIP OF COPYRIGHT OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, AND THE VIOLATION OF PROPERTY, PRIVACY, OR PERSONAL RIGHTS OF OTHERS. IF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, RESOURCES, MATERIALS OR INFORMATION FROM THIS SITE, OR FROM SERVICES, RESOURCES, MATERIALS OR INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM LINKED INTERNET ADDRESSES, RESULTS IN NEED FOR SERVICE, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION OF EQUIPMENT OR DATA, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICE, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL SECV (INCLUDING ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES AND EACH OF THE FOREGOING OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS, COUNSEL, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS) BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL THAT RESULTS FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE OR ANY PORTION THEREOF INCLUDING, WITHOUT BEING LIMITED THERETO, ANY OFFERING THAT MAY BE MADE THEREIN. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN IF SECV HAD BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LIABILITY. THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF SECV TO YOU FOR ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES AND CAUSES OF ACTION (IN CONTRACT, TORT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) WILL NOT BE GREATER THAN THE AMOUNT YOU PAID TO ACCESS THE SITE. YOU MAY BRING NO CLAIM AGAINST SECV MORE THAN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE ACTION AROSE. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THE LIABILITY OF SECV IN SUCH JURISDICTION SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMIT BY THE LAW THEREUNDER.
SECV DOES NOT WARRANT THE SECURITY OF THIS SITE OR THE PRIVACY OF THE INFORMATION YOU SUBMIT. SECV DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE INFORMATION SUBMITTED WILL REMAIN CONFIDENTIAL. SECV IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE BY IT OR ITS MEMBERS. SECV DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR ANY IMPROPER USE OR DISSEMINATION OF THE INFORMATION YOU SUBMIT TO THE SITE.
10. Jurisdiction and Governing Law. SECV operates and controls this Site (excluding linked sites) from its offices within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, United States of America. You agree that the statutes and laws of Pennsylvania will apply to all matters regarding the use of this Site. You also agree to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the Court of Common Pleas of Lehigh County, Pennsylvania and the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania with respect to such matters. SECV makes no representation that the Site or the materials displayed on the Site are appropriate or available for use in any other jurisdictions or countries. If you attempt to access, use, or download the materials from this Site from other jurisdictions, you do so at your own risk, and you are responsible for complying with the laws of other jurisdictions.
11. Waiver. Any failure by SECV to enforce any of its rights under these Terms or under applicable law shall not constitute a waiver of such rights. If any provision of the Terms shall be deemed unlawful by a court of competent jurisdiction, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severed from these Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions hereunder. These Terms contain the entire agreement between you and SECV relating to your use of the Site.
© 2013 Service Electric Cablevision, Inc. All Rights Reserved.